15 November 2008
Listening to .. Worlds Within OST
Went out for lunch with Boss, wife and one other colleage the other day. Boss asked whether we're ok with eating vegetarian food for lunch.... In my mind I was thinking "Oh crap, I'm gonna have to snack even more after lunch" xP~
Don't know why he suddenly have craving for vegetarian food so he brought us to this Organic Cafe at Aljunied. The cafe is run by mostly volunteers and all the food they serve is organic and there's zero meat. According to my Lady boss, alot of cancer patients will go to that cafe for their meals coz the food is so healthy and it helps their illness.
The staff there are all so friendly, I felt like I was at someone's home for lunch instead of a public place. We were served some drinks before our main course...
Organic Brown Rice Milk
It tasted like oat meal to me. Very filling so I had to share half my cup with my lady boss.
For the main course, we had 2 sets...
Organic Brown Rice with Seasonal Vegetables
Organic Mee Hoon with Seasonal Vegetables
They didn't have mee hoon that day so they substitute it with noodles.
The set meals are served with raw salad, and some cooked vegetables. I'm not a big fan of salad but decided to try some that day after much persuasion from my lady boss. Turns out it was not that sucky after all! Hehe.
Everything was so so so yummy! I never expected organic food to be so tasty. Lols~ The taste of everything was so original.. unlike outside food, mostly what we taste is the MSG.
Felt like I was a rabbit for that day. Never ate so much vegetables in one meal before. Haha~ I learnt alot of healthy eating habits from my lady boss and she's the only person so far who managed to convince me to eat veges that I don't eat before. But of course, there are certain veges like ladies finger and bittergourd that I will NEVER EVER touch =X It sucks.
The meal was pretty filling surprisingly. We shopped around their organic store next door and I bought a brown rice snack for Sarah. Since she love snacking so much, I'd rather she eat some healthy snacks than those crappy ones. Sekali got melamine, how?! =X
Before we left, Boss bought for me a box of mantou.

He said I'll confirm get hungry again later in the afternoon, and yeah I did. Lols~ I ate 2 mantous and I simply love it to bits!!
I'll definitely bring my family there for a meal next time. So healthy, so delicious, good for everybody. Heehee!
Pictures credit to Eco-Harmony.net
11:48 AM





