Listening to ... Rihanna - Russian Roulette
Redang Trip - Day 2
Woke up early around 6+am and wanted to watch the sunrise with Meili-san while Eddie-san continued pigging in bed.
This was the best sight we got..
Not that fantastic.
Too cloudy =( It was worst the next morning. BooHoo.
While Eddie-san and I got ready to leave for breakfast, Meili-san went out to the pool to loan the pool towels for us to bring along for snorkelling. Along the way, she spotted another furry resident of the island.
Monkey!
Digging through the trash.
The monkey actually went visiting the rooms o.O
I don't know how often they do that, but I was glad we kept our balcony doors closed at times when we're not around/sleeping. Haha. Had we not done that, we might just wake up with a monkey tugging at our hairs or stealing our food. Haha.
Breakfast before snorkelling...
Coco krunch + Cornflakes + Honey Stars in milk
I had that for breakfast for both mornings. Hahaha. I just love it so much over the usual bread and butter.
After breakfast, we went for our 2nd snorkelling trip at the Marine Park. This time round we bought bread to feed the fishes while we snorkel. I swear those fishes are even greedier than Nissan! They attacked like nobody's business when they saw the plastic bag full of bread. Freaked the hell out of me when the fishes surrounded me everywhere I went >.< One fish actually "pecked" at my snorkeling mask thinking it was food. Dang!
The strong currents beneath weren't helping much either. Poor Meili-san and I struggled to get to shore, away from the hungry fishes. But no matter how we struggled, we find ourselves still in the same spot -___-"
Scary fishes aside, the highlight of the Marine Park snorkelling trip is the pictures!
Me, Eddie-san and Meili-san
Peace! My eyes WERE open. They're just small =X
The fish also look into the camera. Lols! So cute.
The diver asked me to pose like that. Haha. I don't know what the hell I was doing =X
2 girls trying to beat up 1 guy underwater. Hahaha~ Unsuccessful attempt though =X
In case you're wondering how we managed to dive underwater with our life jackets, truth is - we did not actually dive. The diver would push us down underwater at the count of 3. We sink down, pose and up we go. So I was underwater for only like 2 - 3 seconds? Hehe. I can't hold my breath very long also.
All pictures taken by one of the friendly island divers. Each picture cost RM5 =)
We had lunch after snorkelling and retreated back to our room for a short nap. Needed to recharge for our final snorkelling trip. Almost overslept... Luckily Meili-san woke up in the nick of time and we rushed out to the jetty.
The final trip was a deep sea snorkelling session. The waters were so freaking cold at certain areas and it would turn warm again the next second. Saw Nemo and Dory fishes during this trip and lots of sea cucumbers that look like shit on the seabed =X We spent most of this last trip just floating around, relaxing in the waters. There wasn't much to see compared to our first deep sea trip at another spot.
A couple of weird things we noticed on this trip...
1) A lady dressed up like she's ready to go shopping at orchard road instead of snorkelling. Frilly dress, necklace (with big pendants), long earrings, full make-up (mascara, lip stick, eye shadow) and kitten heels o.O"
Surprisingly, she returned to the boat with all her accessories intact. Make-up of course gone case already.
2) A family brought along their own life jackets (supposedly from Air Malaysia). The type that's available on aeroplanes. It's totally different from the ones we're using. It's amazing how they manged to snorkel with those jackets since it seems like it'll help you float only vertically, instead of horizontally as well.
The whole bunch of them looked like they just escaped from a plane wreck. Haha.
Time for more relaxtion at the jacuzzi after snorkelling...
The pool area
Kids pool with a slide
Jacuzzi
Feet!
Alrights, will continue the rest of the updates in my next post. Hehe!